Sunday, October 19, 2008

Drivers Only II

Saturday was drivers only 2. It was definitely an eventful day Matt was trying out his modded steering knuckles and broke one a couple laps in but swapped in some stock ones in like 30 min. Pretty gnarly!! But then he took out his motor... sorry buddy!

Tyler blew a coupler early in the day but my dad had a rad hose big enough to fit so that was all gravy!

I got to test out the Direzzas Huy gave me and I loved them. They lasted all day and wore really evenly. They did start coming apart when I got them too hot but thats pretty normal. I definitely learned a lot by following some different people on the course.

Also got to drive Eddies Hachi and I loved it! SO FUN!!! It felt like a little go kart. I definitely have a lot of respect for hachi drivers now. It was so difficult to hold a long slide and to transition w/o a spin. I want one. ;)


After that Laura and I went to a birthday party at Vision Studios (I think thats what it was called). They had a live band and some kegs. It was pretty rad. The band played some rockabilly type music and some reggae sounding stuff.


Here's a video from the drift event...

(My dad and I do a tandem run at the end)
















No comments: